Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is offering a free online course on Introduction to Investments. The course is suitable for students seeking eventual employment with a brokerage company, Investment Company or financial services company with responsibilities in evaluating and selecting equity securities for investment portfolios.
In this 5 week course, applicants will learn about equity markets and security valuation. The course will start on May 23, 2019, and will end on Nov 21, 2019.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 3-5 hours pw
Subject: Business and Management
Institution: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Session: Course Starts on May 23, 2019.
Established in 1973, the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is one of the top management schools in India. We build leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education.
We are known for excellence in both teaching and research, and our alumni are leaders in business, government and civil society across the globe. We collaborate with over a hundred leading management schools in several countries on research initiatives and student and faculty exchange programs. The Financial Times has rated our doctoral program in the top fifty globally. Eduniversal, Paris, has ranked us the best business school in Central Asia.
About This Course
When you complete this course, Students will become familiar with the general structure of primary and secondary equity markets from a domestic and international perspective. Beginning with introductory finance notions of risk and return, we examine qualitative concepts such as market efficiency and valuation.
Why Take This Course?
Students will also learn how professional financial analysts should evaluate companies.
- To advance the understanding of fundamental concepts of financial markets and market participants.
- To explain the structure of global markets in which equities trade.
- To evaluate the economic and industry environment in which companies operate.
- To develop and employ tools of financial analysis for examining company fundamentals.
- To understand techniques for valuing equity securities.
- To link theories of valuation to practical aspects of investing.
S.G. Badrinath: Professor Badrinath is currently the Chairperson of the Centre for Capital Markets and Risk Management at IIM Bangalore. He is on leave from San Diego State where he teaches in the Investments and Risk Management areas. His PhD is in Finance from the Krannert Graduate School of Management, Purdue University.
- Introductory corporate finance
- High school algebra
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once the applicant signs up for a course and activates their account, click on the Login button on the org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)