A wit is a remarkable university that is internationally distinguished for its excellent research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice. Our partners, networks and relationships serve as catalysts for the great ideas that help us to make the impossible, incredible. We invite you to join us on our extraordinary journey to effect meaningful change in society and pave the way for a bright future for generations to come.
CoE-HUMAN Postgraduate Bursaries and Postdoctoral Fellowships at University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa Description
- Applications Deadline: November 23, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships and Bursaries are available to pursue Master, PhD and Postdoctoral programs.
- Study Subject: The thematic areas are:
- Life-course development, which covers the development of individuals from conception to death. Under this category are included multi-disciplinary studies of child, adolescent and adult development.
- Inter-generational development, which covers the life cycle from one generation to another. Studies of families and inter-generational influences are included in this category.
- Socioeconomic development, which covers the attainment of improved living conditions, both material and non-material through, amongst others, health, education, social security, food security and decent employment.
- Transformational development, which covers aspirations and values that influence and are influenced by, amongst others, individual and group identity.
- Scholarship Award: Award details are follows:
- Master’s students are funded for two years at R70 000 a year
- Doctoral students are funded for three years at R100 000 a year
- Post-Doctoral Fellows are funded for three years at R200 000 a year
- Nationality: Fellowships and Bursaries are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the CoE-HUMAN Postgraduate Bursaries and Postdoctoral Fellowships at University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa
Eligible Countries: Fellowships and Bursaries are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Bursary holders/post-doctoral fellows and their supervisors will sign performance agreements with the CoE, obliging:
- Master’s students to fulfill the requirements for their degree within two years and to have at least one co-authored paper in a peer-reviewed journal accepted for publication;
- Doctoral students to fulfill the requirements for their degrees within three years and to have at least two first-authored papers accepted for publication or published;
- Post-Doctoral Fellows to have at least two first or co-authored papers accepted for publication, in press or published in each year of the three-year fellowship.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
CoE-HUMAN Postgraduate Bursaries and Postdoctoral Fellowships at University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa Application Procedure
How to Apply: To apply please complete the online form by clicking ‘Apply Now’ at the bottom of this document and make sure you have attached the following:
- Your latest CV
- Copy of your ID or passport
- Academic results of your most recent post-graduate degree
- Bio-sketch of your supervisor/mentor
- Letter of support from your supervisor/mentor
- A one-page research proposal explaining your research and its link to human development